Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: UVA-Wise Baseball

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    UVA-Wise Baseball

    Won their season opener today 14-4 over Emanuel College Robbins, Duffey, and Laboy all went yard. Funk got the win and freshman D'Andre Bussey came in relief. Alan Stoupa also had three hits for UVA-Wise. They will finish the three game series tomorrow with a doubleheader starting at 12, Jones and Robbins are the scheduled starters for UVA-Wise. The UVA-Wise Mens and Womens Basketball teams play at home tomorrow starting at 2 p.m. against Tennessee Weslyean.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: UVA-Wise Baseball

    Geez, doesn't seem like it is time to be starting baseball yet..... Good to see though.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: UVA-Wise Baseball

    Do the men or women play first tomorrow? I have a wedding to attend in Esserville at 3, and wouldnt mind trying to make it over for the game if the guys play last and I can work it in.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: UVA-Wise Baseball

    Guys play last, I don't blame anyone who chooses not to watch our women play. Pretty important game for the men, not sure if Sexton will play he sprained his MCL against King.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: UVA-Wise Baseball

    Thats a bummer. At least it wasn't Soles.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: UVA-Wise Baseball

    UVA-Wise guys won today over TN-Wesleyan 83-72 according to the NAIA scoreboard. Adam Hood led Wise with 19 points. Gibson was the only other double figure scorer for the Cavs with 14.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: UVA-Wise Baseball

    Baseball team split today to take the series two games to one. UVA-Wise girls also won today.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •